Hello and welcome to my personal web space!
Hi! I'm Hosney. I'm 28, was born in Egypt, grew up in Sri Lanka and currently reside in Singapore. Software engineering is my forte and that's what I'm doing right now.
I mainly work with ASP.Net, C#, Oracle PL/SQL and SQL Server.
Do read on to find out more about me and feel free to drop me a message if you want to get in touch.
8+ years of experience in software engineering, developing software based solutions, designing web applications and databases in various environments.
- .NET Framework (1.1, 2.0, 3.5, 4.0)
- AJAX Control Toolkit
- Tortoise SVN
- CA Harvest
- Adobe Photoshop
- MS Visual Studio .NET (2003, 2005,
- PL/SQL Developer
- Oracle SQL Developer
- MS SQL Server Management Studio
- Rational Rose Modeler
- Oracle PL/SQL
- MS SQL Server
- MS Access
- Visual Basic
- Microsoft ReportViewer (RDLC)
- Crystal Reports
- Database design, data manipulation and development of stored procedures using PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, SQL Server, Oracle and also NHibernate.
- Develop applications to interact with the BabelFishT Foundation Server and BabelFishT Verify to service various clients in the oil and gas industry.
- Design and implement reports using Microsoft ReportViewer.
- Design WCF services to interact using PRODML standards.
- Prepare and deliver software related documentation.
Well Parameter Administration Tool
Implemented a custom tool to enter, submit, approve well parameter information for Maersk Oil (Qatar).
BabelFish Well Test Interface
Developed sections of the BabelFish Well Test Interface product and added customised solutions for Maersk Oil (Denmark/Qatar), CPOC (Malaysia), Cairn India, HESS (USA) and Chevron (Australia).
ISS Leave System.
Developed sections of the internal leave system used by ISS Group.
Shipping Documentation System
Developed sections of the Shipping Documentation System for Woodside (Australia).
- Database design, data manipulation and development of stored procedures using Transact-SQL and SQL Server.
- Conceptualise, present, develop, test and deploy solutions for new and existing clients.
- Service clients in support and maintenance of existing projects, including outsourced, administrative and helpdesk services.
- Prepare and deliver software related documentation.
- Design, execute and resolve software quality assurance tests and prepare related documentation.
Interact 3 - SIM
Implemented a customised version of the Interact 3 workflow management and collaboration system for SIM University Singapore.
Interact 3 - EDB
Implemented a customised version of the Interact 3 workflow management and collaboration system for EDB Singapore.
A workflow management and collaboration system built on the .NET framework. Designed and built the Form Designer module of the system which allows the user to build advanced custom forms for user input, using the web browser.
Software Engineer (January 2008 - October 2009)
Trainee Software Developer (January 2004 - December 2007)
- Act as second runner of team, maintaining/tracking bugs in module and assigning bugs to team members.
- Analyse and design software requirements using Rational Rose Modeler and IFS Design tool.
- Develop user interfaces using IFS Centura Developer.
- Develop user interfaces using Microsoft C# and IFS .Net Framework.
- Data manipulation and development of stored procedures using PL/SQL and SQL.
- Develop web client using Java and IFS Web Client Framework.
- Develop Reports using IFS Developer Studio and IFS Report Designer.
- Performance tuning of the application (IFS Applications).
- Investigate and fix bugs in the application. Add new customer requirements to the application.
- Documentation - Implementation specifications, upgrade descriptions.
- Merge bug corrections released by 3rd line support to the customer environment.
- Investigate and provide technical support to customer environment.
Visited the IFS R and D AB office in Linköping, Sweden for four weeks in June 2009 to work with colleagues there to enhance the inventory planning tool in IFS Applications 7.5.
Assignment Follow-Up System
A web based assignment follow-up system to track all work done within the team. The statistics and performance are displayed using graphical charts, which enables the user/manager to easily track down the assignments or tasks handled by the user/team.
Developer Test Application
A user friendly web based system that allows the user to check given test cases and enter results obtained by testing an application. The system allows the user to track test data with ease and provides additional options such as exporting to Microsoft Excel.
Received merit based scholarship from IFS R and D International (Private) Ltd. for the below mentioned graduate programs.
B.Sc. Special Honours in Information TechnologySri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT)
Final year group project -The Tripwire Project.
A configurable system capable of tracking foreground motion and triggering certain events based on the regions drawn upon a video frame by the user.
The project was designed and implemented using Microsoft Visual C# and Microsoft .NET Framework. MySQL was used as the database. Version control was carried out using Tortoise SVN.
The project was awarded Gold in the Tertiary Student Project category at the National Best Quality Software Awards (NBQSA - October 2007) competition.
The project was selected to participate in the Asia Pacific ICT Awards (APICTA - November 2007) held in Singapore, where it was awarded the best project in the Tertiary Student Project category.
The project was awarded the Microsoft Award for the Best Project Developed Using Microsoft Development Tools.
The project was awarded the Gold Award at the SLIIT Research Symposium 2007.
B.Sc. in Information TechnologyCurtin University of Technology, Western Australia
Disaster Warning System (Research based project)
A system that is responsible for managing and issuing disaster warnings including a set of sub systems that deliver the warnings to the intended audiences.
Technologies researched were Java, Apache, Tomcat and MySQL.
Diploma in Desktop Publishing and Graphic DesigningTEC (Sri Lanka)
- Adobe Page Maker/Photoshop/Premiere, Type Setting, CorelDraw/Photo Paint, Macromedia Flash, HTML & Web Designing, Printing & Scanning, Color Separation.
Certificate in Computer Programming - Intermediate LevelTEC (Sri Lanka)
- Computer languages, advanced features of Microsoft Word/Excel, Programming techniques and object oriented programming (Pascal/Visual Basic), HTML & Web designing.
Certificate in Computer Programming - Basic LevelTEC (Sri Lanka)
- Basic concepts of the computer, DOS and Windows operating system, Computer application packages. (Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint), Pascal Language, Database management using MS Access.
Diploma in Electronic TechnologyLondon Business School (Sri Lanka)
- Electricity, Analog Electronics, Digital electronics, Electrical and electronic devices, Computer hardware, Troubleshooting and fault finding procedures in audio systems/radio/television/computers and other electronic equipment.
Develop software as a hobby.
Chit Chat: An instant messaging tool with many features developed using Visual Basic 6.0.
More details on the software can be found at chitchat.atspace.com